General Football Betting Tips
1.It’s obvious but it is the most important don’t bet more than you can afford to lose.
2. The only advantage that punters have over the Bookies is that we can choose not to bet, these days the bookies have to offer odds on nearly everything but we don’t have to take them. If you don’t see something worth betting on then save your money for another day. Self-discipline is everything.
3.There is no such thing as a dead cert. My mate once lost £500 on a 1/4 dead cert. He’s a fool, don’t be a fool! gclub
4. Pick the team not the odds. It amazes me how easily swayed some of my mates are by the odds the bookies put up. You should pick your teams before you even check the odds and stick with them, whether consciously or not they will influence your decision.
5. If something looks too good to be true then it probably is.
6. Scrutinise bookmakers specials. Specials should be avoided, the general rule being if the bookies are trying to encourage you to pick a team you should do the opposite and oppose them.
7. Team news, team news, team news. It’s important. If a teams main creative player or goalscorer are injured it seriously hampers there chances of winning.
8. Oppose favourites, bookmakers don’t often get it wrong but they do get lazy. They often overrate teams because they now that people will pick them purely on reputation.